The Biological Safety Level 2 laboratory is dedicated for the handling of class II pathogens.
Class II pathogens are agents associated with human diseases posing a moderate health hazard.
The BSL2 laboratory is fully equipped with:
- 3 Class II biosafety cabinets
- Infors shaker
- heat chambers
- refrigerated centrifuge with anti-aerosols lids
- tube OD reader
- plate reader for OD and fluorescence (Polar Star Omega)
Waste elimination procedure includes inactivation by autoclave and further removal by a DASRI habilitated service.
Acess to the BSL laboratory is strictly controlled and submitted to:
- the respect of procedures described in the internal rules leaflet
- wearing personal protective equipment (lab coat and gloves)
Contact: Ambre JOUSSELIN – Email – 05 61 33 59 82